Users are reporting that they haven’t received an email message, what should I do?
Please try these simple steps below to troubleshoot the issue;
- Confirm their email address is correct in ParentMail. Within the left-hand menu navigate to Users and select List, then search for the user in question. The email will be listed at the top of the page. If you need to edit this please select Actions and Edit under the users record.
- Ensure they are linked to their student in ParentMail. Within the left-hand menu navigate to Users and select List, then search for the user in question. Upon finding their user record you are able to see their assigned relationships. For more information on managing personal relationships please click here.
- Find a recent email that you sent to them within your Sent folder and then click ‘View Recipients’ to see the delivery status of the email. For example, the system may have issued a paper copy to them. For more information please click here.
- Request they check their junk/spam folder within their email inbox.
- Please request the parent to add firstname.lastname@example.org in their mailbox as a safe sender.
- Please request the parent to search for email@example.com within their email mailbox to find any and all emails sent by ParentMail.
- The ParentMail app, if downloaded, bypasses the need for receiving emails in to an email mailbox. You could use this opportunity to promote the App which allows the parent to receive a push notification on their smartphone every time you send a communication. In addition, parents who use the app have access to Online Payments, Meetings and Events, Online Forms and Parents’ Evening Manager depending on what packages your school uses.
If they are still experiencing issues, please contact us on live chat with full details of what has been checked and what the user has tried from their side.