Password protecting a document
ParentMail take data security very seriously and as such, when sending personal data to our Technical Support Team, you will be asked to Password Protect sensitive information.
To protect a Word document, follow from Step 2 onwards.
- Certain Excel file types cannot be encrypted, such as a CSV file. It is vitally important that you save the file as an Excel Workbook before following the below steps.
- To do this, please click ‘File’ > ‘Save As’ > ‘Save as type’ > ‘Excel Workbook’.
2. Now you will need to password protect the spreadsheet. To do this, click the ‘Info’ tab > ‘Protect Workbook’ > ‘Encrypt with Password’:
3. A pop-up window will display to enter in a password. Please ensure you select a password which is not obvious. For example, something like ‘1234’ would not be suitable.
4. After this, you will be asked to re-enter the password.
5. The settings should display as:
Once you have protected the file, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The password should be confirmed to a ParentMail agent over the phone or via Live Chat and should never be provided to ParentMail via email.
Failure to follow this process will result in ParentMail permanently deleting any un-encrypted information which may delay our ability to provide support.