Adding SENCO for Specific Students – Whole School Evening
Follow the instructions below to include the SENCO, for specific students, to a whole school evening.
You will be working on the Class Teacher Export, whether you are a Primary or Secondary school. This will allow you to add multiple teachers against a student.
- Ensure SENCO is set up on ParentMail as a user. If they are not, please go to Users > Create > Staff > Enter in their details > Save
- Go to ParentMail > Reports > General Reports
- Find and click on the report: Parents Evening: Class Teacher report > Generate Report –
- After the report has finished generating, you will find the CSV download button to click onto –
- Open the report and you will find a list of students and teachers, under a list of columns headers
- Go through and check you whole school data is correct:
- Check Teachers are set up on here correctly:
- Add any ‘WorkEmail’ that are missing
- Check that each teacher has a specific ID to their record
- Add a Class and Subject that are missing:
- ‘Class’ column is to help you assign the students to the right class/teacher
- ‘Subject’ column is to show the parents what the class is regarding (e.g. Maths, SENCO etc)
- Ensure you have removed any leaver rows off this spreadsheet
We are now going to add in the SENCO for the specific students.
- One at a time or as a bulk, you need to copy the details of the specific students who will be seeing the SENCO. The details you will need to copy are from columns A to F –
- Paste the copied values below the last student row –
- It should now appear with a list of students without any ‘Teacher’ details –
We are now going to add the details of the SENCO beside the specific students.
- Go back to ParentMail > Reports > General Reports
- Find the report ‘Staff Export’ and Generate
- After this is downloaded, click onto the CSV button to open the report onto your screen
- Find the SENCO on this list and copy the details –
- Go back to the Class Teacher Export
- Beside the details of the specific students that will be seeing the SENCO, paste the details of the SENCO from column I to column L –
- It should now appear as –
OPTIONAL: Add a WorkEmail for the SENCO, if you would to email the SENCO a list of their appointments
- Within column G and H for Class and Subject, we need to enter in ‘SENCO’. Simply click into the cell and type in SENCO –
- Click onto the SENCO cell and double click onto the little square icon that you find on the bottom, right-hand corner of the cell.
- It will populate ‘SENCO’ for the rest of the specific students.
- Repeat the same into the next column for ‘Subject’ and you should now have the SENCO set up
- You can now save the file as a CSV (comma delimited). Click ‘Yes’ if a warning message appears
- Go into ParentMail > Imports > Create Import > Select CSV import file > find the file and click Open > click onto the Queue Import button.