System Update – Due Tuesday 12th December (8pm)
Please find a detailed description of the new enhancements below:
- Please note: We will require Users to accept Terms and Conditions before logging on to ParentMail for the first time following this release, due to requirements from GDPR. This will be visible from the login screen after the release goes live and will affect staff and parent users. For more information click here.
- We have introduced a blackout window which will mean system generated messages are no longer delivered between 10pm and 8am. Of course, if an Organisation user sends a message during this time, it will still be delivered.
- When a registered parent connects to a second school, their information will now be shared across both accounts. For example – if your school only has a mobile number for a parent, but the parent already has an account with mobile number and email address at another school, the existing account details will carry over to your school once the connection is made.
- Organisation users will be able to see how many and what devices they are logged into, when they were last active and have the ability to remote logout of unknown devices. For more information click here.
- For staff users, passwords will be required to be at least 8 characters in length and at least one number and one other character will be required and across all accounts. Updates to old passwords will NOT be required and should still work as expected. However, if a user manually changes their password, the new minimum requirement rules will be enforced.
- There will no longer be a gap on paper copies for parents who do not have an address within their ParentMail account.
- Organisation users can now select a tick box to suppress a user’s account. This means the user will no longer be sent communications and will not be re-added by MIS auto links.
- The Help Graphic has been updated to rearrange the order of help available and we have removed the training videos from the menu.
- We have replaced the +44 with a 0 in the contact number in the address field on paper copies.
- If ‘Addressed Paper Copies’ is enabled in Settings then the full parent address will display on the paper copy, instead of just the parent name.
- Email messages can now be scheduled to go out in the future, in the same way SMS messages can be scheduled.
- Email attachments can now be previewed before sending messages.
- Previously the attachment description on Email was inaccurate. When you go to Email > Compose and look next to the attachment button, it previously said: “Maximum individual file size: 10Mb”. This now says “Up to three attachments with a combined file size of 10Mb.”
- Student forenames and surnames can now be added as personalisation tags to both Email and SMS. This cannot be used in conjunction with ‘Send per family’ and will only work with ‘Send per student’. Please note – ‘Send per student with personalisation’ is no longer available.
- We have fixed a line spacing issue which was occurring when pasting from Word.
- Emails and SMS messages can now be saved as drafts.
- The text in the registration confirmation email has now been updated to read:
“Are you using the ParentMail mobile App? Download it for free and receive instant in-app notifications as soon as your school sends a message, which helps make sure things don’t get missed or forgotten.”
- Individual form responses can now be printed.
- Blank copies of forms can now be printed.
- Previously, forced paper copies were only produced for one parent, however, you can now produce a paper copy for each parent if ‘force paper copy’ is ticked.
- The format of paper copies has been standardised.
- The subject line of a paper copy will now run onto two lines where necessary.
- Students will no longer have the ‘Parent’ user type added to their account if linked the wrong way round.
- The ‘Remove Leavers’ tool can now be used to remove JUST the parents associated to a selected group of students – useful if you want to maintain student records on ParentMail for a period of time without worrying about any messages being sent out – this is specifically useful for colleges.
- A bug has been fixed where deleting the DOB from personal details on the feed did not remove it.
- ScholarPack ID’s are not unique across user types leading to the edge case where a parent and a student could have the same ID. We have prefixed ID’s on import from with ‘Par’ and ‘Stu’.
- Progresso gender and name fixes – previously staff names and genders were coming across with opposite values, for example a male staff member would appear as female in ParentMail, and their name would show as Smith John, instead of John Smith. This has now been fixed.
- The Subject line on SMS will now limit to 200 characters – previously the limit existed but you would get an ‘Unknown Error’ message. For more information click here.
- Organisation users can now see a recipient list for archived emails.
- Previously when using parent personalisation within an email in conjunction with attachments, this would corrupt the file name of attachments – this has now been fixed.
- A spelling mistake within Forms which said “Edit From Settings”; this now says “Edit Form Settings”.
- Previously if the school edited a form after it had gone live, parents would no longer be able to respond. This has now been fixed.
Patched on 18/01/2018 –
- Certain “All Responses For This Form” reports weren’t generating; this has now been resolved.
- It was not possible to edit the payment item if the purchase window was set in Daylight Savings; this has now been resolved.